Monday, May 5, 2008

The day of surgery

So on the day of surgery Mom, Marian and I drove to the hospital. We got there early, i hate being late! My surgery was scheduled for 12 and I had to be there at 9:30. I felt like I had to sit around forever. Finally after having to pee in a cup... pregency test.... hahahah told them it was not necessary! They finally took me to the "pre-op" room where the drug man comes in and puts my IV in and he did an amazing job. I have hard veins to find and usually they have to dig. This man was so good. Then the surgon comes in and talked to me and made sure I know what I was there for.

I then called Shawn knowing that my time was coming very soon. I told him that I loved him and that I'd love to see him as soon as I was done. All that while I was crying. As soon as I hung up they took me. Mom was crying and it was crazy. I remember being wheeled down the cold white halls passing OR-3 OR-7 OR-13 and then they put me in OR-18. There were two men in there joking and laughing as I was coming in and a nurse opening the surgical pacs. Then it was lights out for me, I dont remember a thing after that.

I dont even remember wakingup in recovery or anything. I dont remember the surgon asking me to talk to make sure he had not cut my vocal cords. The only thing I remember is waking up in my room and seeing mom and marian walk in. Right behind them was SHAWN!!! Just how I wanted it. The only thing I remember from the rest of that day was shawn sat by my bed side holding my hand for hours.

to be cont.....

No comments: